
Alex and Lauren, like most kids, say some of the funniest and hilarious things. Here is a recent recap of the things that I can remember. I know that I need to be better about writing them down as they happen. And of course, they are always funnier in person when you can actually hear them say these things, but this will have to do!
Alex is so logical and so rationale that sometimes when he says funny things, it reminds me that he is a kid. Sometimes he seems like an old soul in a kid's body!
- The other day, it was freezing outside, our first real winter day. Alex looked out the window and said, "Mom, i just love being in a cozy home." What 4-year old says cozy?
- And the other day, he said as watching some squirrels play in a tree in our yard, "Mom, is that our tree?" I let him know that yes, the tree was in our yard. Then he said, "I just love having pet squirrels."
- He is currently sick with a cold and kind of an sourpuss about it. He lamented, "Mom, why do I always get sick and have fevers?" Keep in mind, this is a minor cold and no fever. Then he said, "It's going to take me years to get better. You and Lauren better stay away - I don't want you to get sick." "Lauren - STAY AWAY FROM ME!"
Lauren, on the other hand, is a total spitfire. She currently will display some attitude and put her hands on her hips and say, "I am mad at you. Stop doing things that make me mad at you." And she puts her best mad face on her face. It's actually hard to not laugh at her.
- She also is totally into pretending and using her imagination, thanks to her brother I'm sure. But lately, she uses her "magic wand" (totally pretend, when actually she is holding nothing) and tries to turn her dad, her brother and myself into "happy princesses." She is overjoyed when we allow ourselves to be turned into happy princesses.
- Yesterday she gave me a huge grin and a big hug after her gymnastics class and told me that I'm her "best buddy." Then when we got home and she rememebered that Alex is actually her best buddy, she looked at me and said, "You know what mom, you are my best girl."
She is so funny, it's hard to remember that she is only 2 years old. She's definitely 2 going on 5!
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
The things kids say are priceless!
Posted by Amy at 11:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment