? ??????????????Jump For Joy!? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (3 Ratings)??5 Grabs Today. 681 Total Grabs. ??????
Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Country Snowman? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.8 (9 Ratings)??5 Grabs Today. 3354 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????Jack's Christ BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Alex and mom's date on the town


Last week, Lauren went and spent the night at Nana and Grandpa Vohs' house so that Drew and I could spend some one-on-one time with Alex. It was much needed and we had such a nice time! First, Alex and I went to Nickelodeon Universe at the Mall of America - it's a big indoor amusement park with all the rides related to characters on Nickelodeon. Alex LOVED it! At first, he was a little hesitant to ride any of the rides, and I'm talking rides that were made for toddlers and small children, but he just didn't see into it. So, we went and had lunch just the 2 of us and then came back for more. And he completely bypassed the "little kid" rides and went straight to the BIG rides. He so wanted to go on the Log Ride - you all know the one, where you ride in a log boat in water and go down huge 40-foot drops into a pond of water. I was like, "Alex, I really don't think you want to do that." I didn't want to pay for it and then have him not want to do it but he promised me that he wanted to. So, we walked up to it, got in the log boat, and off we went. I was terrified. Now, I have always loved rides but I was scared of holding him in (no seatbelts) and I was worried he'd freak out! But we did it and he loved it! Even though he got splashed and we got wet (for those of you who don't know - Alex hates getting his face wet). And after that, he wanted to go on EVERYTHING!!!! Little kid rides and all the big rides - we had a blast. It reminded me that I'm not as young as I once was - I was more scared than I wanted to admit, but watching Alex get such enjoyment out of it was worth every dollar that I spent that day. He was so excited and just loved it. We were there for 5 hours!!!!! I needed a Dramamine when I got home to get rid of my motion-sickness. :) And then that evening, Drew and I took him to his favorite restaurant (behind McDonald's), Panera for dinner that night. Alex couldn't believe it that just the 3 of us were going to dinner. It was so cute. But even though he loved basking in all the attention, he kept asking when Lauren was going to get home and told us that he missed her. It was a great day!

0 comments: